Thursday, March 15, 2012

All Day, Every Day: Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Eyeliner

Rusty





Pencil eyeliner is inherently scary. You’re holding an object with some sort of point right above your eye and attempting to smear pigment in solid form on the very delicate upper eyelid.

If you’re the sort of person who lines your waterline (the tiny lip of skin along the bottom lid next to your eye and above your bottom lash line) then you’re getting even closer to what seems line inevitable eye irritation disasters. Having an eyeliner with pigment that spreads smoothly while maintaining it’s pencil shaped integrity makes it a lot less scary.

This is why I love Urban Decay’s 24/7 pencil eyeliners.


I realize it seems like I’m reviewing a lot of Urban Decay stuff lately so I’m going to assure you that they’re not paying me. YET. I’m totally amenable to it if they would like to start paying me to use their products and talk about them online. In case you were wondering. *ahem*

ANYWAY, the 24/7 eyeliner pencils have a wonderfully creamy texture about them and spread very easily when applying. The colors are also rich, which helps cut down on the irritation that can happen when you have to press harder to get dark pigment or go over the area several times. Because the pigment is more creamy than crumbly, it can also give you a lot of control for making sharp lines. It is also able to be smudged or blended if you’ve got a smudge brush, which is great if you’re trying to do a smoky eye effect.

The pencils also come in a huge variety of colors (some with glitter!) so you can play around with color effects ,like fading from a bright shade on the inside corner of the eye to a darker one on the outside color. Or you can just use a colored liner on top of black or dark brown to give a little hint of color on top of the dark line. I like to do the second with purple or green to bring out my eyes a bit, especially if I’m not planning on wearing shadow with a heavy color.

The big downside? They’re expensive. I try to offset the per-pencil cost by buying the sets that come with five different colors, but they’re smaller than the full-sized pencils. Also, I run through my blacks faster than any of the other colors. They don’t wear down too quickly and sharpen well so they’ll last all the way down to the nub, but they’re definitely something of an indulgence.

Urban Decay’s 24/7 pencil eyeliners get a 7 out of 8 for me with the one point off coming because of the price.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment