Thursday, February 2, 2012

Orchid Not Included: Tousle Me Softly Mousse

Rusty





I’ve never been an overly hair-oriented girl because I’ve never been able to do much with my hair. It’s incredibly fine and so straight that most efforts to style it fall flat in a couple of hours. However, as I’ve gotten older and a little more bold with my efforts I have made some progress.

I can now consistently blow dry my hair in such a way that it looks slightly fluffy and ‘done’ without too much trouble. One of the things that helps me accomplish this is Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly mousse.


Truth be told, I have no clue why I originally picked up this mousse, which is listed as being for wavy hair. I can tell you, though, that I have been successful with using it on my hair. The biggest problem I have with my hair is that it lacks enough body to keep it off my scalp so I need a little lift if I don’t want to look like I’ve got on a hair helmet and this mousse gives me just that; enough lift to make my hair look full and a bit bouncy but not so much that I look like I’m getting ready to audition for the Dallas Cowboys cheerleading squad.

On those very special days when I choose to blow dry my hair I take some of this, about a golf ball sized glob, and run it through my hair with my fingers. After bending over and just running the blow dryer through my hair while it hangs down for a minute or two, I stand back up and use a round brush to brush out sections while holding the dryer over the hair. My hair still feels soft afterwards and I can run my fingers through it without it feeling stiff or sticky the way it can with some products. Tousle Me Softly gives my hair some body and bounce without making it look or feel like it’s been coated in excess amounts of product.

Rating wise I give this product a 7 out of 8. A good everyday kind of styling product.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment