Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'll Take My Groundhog With Extra Cilantro, Thanks

Kolby




I'm back, friends and lovers!  It's been a rollercoaster of a few days for me, but the short and sweet of it is that a group of the most amazing people on the planet (also, Mars) got together and presented yours truly with a shiny new laptop on which to pretend to work.  I'm still in shock, and ever so grateful.  There are good people in the world?  No effing way!  So, without further BS, here are your Groundhog Day (don't get me started on that little bastard and his shadow) Hot Links.

If this infographic is a reliable indicator, then we are, like, so totally not alone in the universe.  Someone get Jodie Foster on the horn. (Space)


Congratulations!  You are now a drug mule!  Officially!  (Gizmodo)

Valentine's Day is nearly upon us, and in honor of everyone's favorite holiday, Joanna at Pajiba has lovingly deconstructed some iconic so-called "romantic" movie moments.  Hard work like that deserves the premium Whitman's Sampler.  (Pajiba)

If you're a fan of Science Fiction/Fantasy, and you're looking for a book or two to occupy your free time, check out Locus Online's 2011 Recommended Reading List.  It makes this nerdgirl happy in the pants.  (Locus Online)

A French court has ruled that it's illegally anti-competitive for Google to provide free maps. Ugh. NOW can we invade France and confiscate all their bread and cheese?  I mean, really.  (BoingBoing)

There is no way in hell I could top this headline, so I won't even bother trying:  Man swallows dentures during sex and dies.  (AsiaOne)

It's one thing when a hoarder and his or her house bring down property values in your sunny suburban neighborhood, it's quite another when a hoarder could potentially topple the US intelligence community.  (The Smoking Gun)

Here are 8 Essential Gadgets for Hosting a Killer Super Bowl Party.  Wouldn't it be hilarious if you got all these and somehow forgot the beer?  No, I don't think so either.  (Wired)

Aw, dude.  An entire town in Spain won the lottery.  Except for one (hopefully lovable) loser.  (The Huffington Post)

This little tip on using a binder clip inside a drawer to hold kitchen towels is one of those bits of knowledge that my brain is just not sophisticated enough to manufacture on its own.  Read:  Kolby has the mind of a distracted third grader.  (Lifehacker)

Here's an idea for what to do with those breaks during which you used to smoke cigarettes:  Whiteboard Art!  Feel free to ignore if you still use those breaks to smoke.  (Flavorwire)

These photos of dried leaves are beautiful, until you realize that they're not actually leaves, but HUMAN HAIR stitched together to form leaf-life sculptures.  I...I just can't.  I have hair issues.  Big ones.  (Colossal)

Last night David Letterman celebrated 30 years on the air.  THIRTY YEARS.  Here Gawker gives us some of the most memorable moments of his career.  (Gawker)

Are women better at living alone?  Hell if I know - click the link and figure it out on your own.  Damn, people.  (Slate)

Here are ideas for 5 Super Bowl Party Game.  You know, in case you don't feel like watching the Super Bowl at your Super Bowl Party.  (HowStuffWorks)

This article on ways to get involved in disaster relief should interest everyone, not just manly smelling man-men.  (The Art of Manliness)

Okay, so I know this guy's accent is (apparently) all over the place, and that a Jammy Dodger is not, I repeat, NOT a sandwich, but I still covered my face and laughed 'til I cried when I watched this.  Enjoy a lovely Thursday, everyone.  FYI, tomorrow is FRIDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment