Monday, January 30, 2012

L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color: You're Damn Right, I'm Worth It!

MelBivDevoe



I've been on a pampering kick lately - treating myself to new clothing and makeup in an effort to cheer myself up during the cold, dreary winter months. So when I was saw a lovely golden shade of nail polish from L’Oreal's Colour Riche Nail Color line.

I discovered that the name of the shade happened to be the company’s logo “Because You’re Worth It,” well, it was like the universe was telling me to go ahead and indulge in another little treat.

Colour Riche is an excellent polish. It applies smoothly, neither too watery nor too thick to brush on. The shade I chose has a great shimmer to it and is nice and shiny. It’s not the toughest of polishes, though – it does start to chip about a day or two after applying, even with two coats. But at the same time, it doesn’t require several gallons of nail polish remover to take it off, which is a plus.

Colour Riche is available in 42 gorgeous shades. Now, over on L'Oreal's website, it claims that the polish can last for 10 days. However, in order for it to keep, you have to also use the Colour Riche One Stop Base base coat AND the Top of the Line top coat. Look, that's just too much work - and too much money (both are $5.99) - for me. I only need my nails to last a few days before I end up applying another color, anyway. I like variety in my nail color.

At around $5 to $6 a pop, this polish is a little more on the expensive side (for me - I'm a fan of the $2 bottles of polish), but you know what? I’m worth it. I give the L'Oreal nail color a 6 out of 8 tentacles - it's a lovely shade that's easy to apply but tends to chip after a day or two of wear. You can find it wherever L'Oreal is sold in stores like Target or online from stores like Ulta.

Rating: 6/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment