Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gimmicky, but not bad: L'Oreal Paris Go 360 Clean Scrub

Figgy


I recently ran out of my fancy Clarins cleanser, and I had a decision to make. Either shill out too much money for what's basically soap for your face, or try to find something that would do the job for a whole lot less money. Off to Target I went, and spent...good lord, way too much time trying to find something that looked like it would work. I kept landing on the L'Oreal Go 360 Clean (good god, what a stupidly long name for a product) with the little attached scrublet. I admit I picked it out mostly because I had seen the ads for it and I remembered thinking "Huh, that's a clever little gimmick for lazy bums who think that, sometimes, scrubbing with your fingers is SO MUCH WORK."



Lazy bums like me. What? Sometimes I'll come home from work feeling so tired that even cleaning my face seems like it would take a gargantuan effort. This could save me like, 30 seconds, you guys! So I took it home and tried it out a few times; both when I hadn't worn any makeup all day and on days in which I had.

So, the soap itself. It's an alright cleanser, I suppose. It has a nice smell to it and little beads of...something that help scrub. But it's a little liquidy and didn't leave my face feeling super clean and tingly as some other cleansers do. It worked well whether I had put on makeup or not, which was a plus.

The scrublet is really just a piece of molded plastic with little plastic nubs on the end like a tiny comb. It's kind of flimsy, but I wasn't expecting much more for $5.

It's really fantastic for the lazy, because it lathers very quickly and you can get most of your face in a few strokes. But it maybe feels a little too rough sometimes, and I'm not sure if it's good for my face to scrub it with bare plastic, but I think I'd love to try it with another, thicker cleanser. One great thing about is that it's very easy to clean--you just wash it with water and you shouldn't have any bacteria to worry about, like you do with a sponge or cloth.

All in all, it was a pretty good buy, worth the $5 for a nice cleanser and a gimmick. The cleanser itself isn't perfect, but it was gentle and worked in washing most of the makeup off. I don't know if it was the cleanser or my lotion, but I know that the blackheads on the sides of my nose (yeah, ew) have considerably diminished since I started using this. So that was definitely a plus.

I'm giving it 7/8 tentacles, most of the six for the easyness of the scrublet and the price, plus the fact that it didn't do any harm to my skin. I don't think I'd buy it again, to be perfectly honest. I'd like to try other cleansers for the same price (or even cheaper) that might give me that clean, tingly feeling I like. But really, you could do worse than this.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

1 comment:

  1. That sounds REALLY good. I might actually try it next time!

    ReplyDelete