Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm Missin' You Like Candy: ULTA Beauty Smoothie 3-in-1

Author: Pinky McLadybits

When fall finally arrives, there are several things I like to do. I get a haircut and have the stylist put in some dark lowlights in a color like Cherry Cola. I pull out all of my fall and winter wardrobe and enthusiastically pack away all of the unflattering shorts and tank tops from summer. I use fragrances around my home that remind me of cooler weather, like Febreze Home Collection Soy Blend Candle in Yumberry Sangria and Airwick Scented Oil in Holiday scents. 

I also like to switch my body wash from light, summery scents into deeper, spicier, and sometimes chocolaty scents. When I ran out of shampoo I was ecstatic that I would be able to purchase ULTA's Beauty Smoothies as replacements. In Cinnamon Swirl and Cocoa Velvet Truffle!


ULTA Beauty Smoothies are 24 ounces of 3-in-1 shampoo, body wash, and bubble bath with a handy pump dispenser on top. This makes them easy to use in the shower or tub and less likely to spill or fall from my grasp and smash a foot or toe. Not that I've ever done that, but I've definitely done that. Ahem. Anyway, they come in several different scents and are $16. However, ULTA's 21 Days of Beauty is still happening and these Beauty Smoothies were on sale 2 for $20. And I had a coupon for $3.50 off. It's like the universe aligned so that I might purchase these as my new seasonal shampoo and body wash. And I generally hate to argue with the universe.

Today was the day I was able to use my Cinnamon Swirl 3-in-1 and I was entirely too excited about it as I rushed home from dropping Pinky Jr. at school. I used it as a body wash only, as I straightened my hair only a day or two ago and refuse to wash it yet. I pumped out three squirts of the Cinnamon Swirl into my bath pouf. The smell is amazing. Cinnamon and sugar and icing and I loved it! The smell is recognizable at once but doesn't knock you over. I can still faintly smell it on my arm as I type this, nine hours later, but I have to put my nose right to my skin and sniff. I smell delicious!

The lather was very nice, though I could have probably used another pump or two (Gawl, that sounds nasty!). I washed up, rinsed off, toweled off and went about my day. Fast forward to that night (right now). Pinky Jr. was home from school and needed a bath. I filled the tub and then proceeded to wash her hair with the Cinnamon Swirl. Her exact words were, "OH MAH GOSH IT SMELLS SO GREAT! Ahhh, this is the life." You can't argue with that.

Overall, the ULTA Beauty Smoothies may not be the best value out there, but they are a great deal cheaper than other brands of 3-in-1 bath product. They smell divine, have a convenient pump top, and get the job done while leaving your tub and/or shower less cluttered. You may need a few more pumps to get the lather you want, but that's not a deal-breaker.

Rating: 6/8 tentacles


2 comments:

  1. What about the coconut truffle...how did it smell? Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cocoa Velvet Truffle smelled just like candy. OH MAH GAH IT WAS DELIGHTFUL.

    ReplyDelete