Friday, October 28, 2011

CVS All Day Moisture Lotion with SPF 15: Sensitive Is My Middle Name

Author: Pinky McLadybits


I get mistaken for a teenager all of the time. This is somewhat awkward when I am out and about with my 7 year old daughter that is damn near as tall as me. It makes people think that I'm either her older sister or I had her when I was 8 years old. Awkward.

I'm telling you this because I would like to remain looking like a 14 year old, awkward as that may be for a mumble mumble-aged woman. I've never used moisturizers on my face daily and I thought it was about that time. But, as you should all know by now, I am cheap as all hell. I am the polar monetary opposite of Metric Jenn when it comes to how much I spend on myself. So instead of something fancy from ULTA or a department store, I walked into my local CVS and grabbed their version of Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin.

I grabbed the sensitive skin formulation of CVS All Day Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 because I have had face creams and primer make the skin slough right off my face. That is not cool. Also, the price was right at $6.99 for 4 fl. oz.. It has a pump in it, which is great since the lotions in little containers get all up under my fingernails and ON MY NERVES.

I have now been using this moisturizer for five days and I love it. It takes just a small amount to cover your whole face and neck. It can feel heavy in spots, but it quickly absorbs and leaves my skin soft. Actually soft! I'm used to my skin looking splotchy and feeling a bit rough or flaky to the touch, especially during cold weather months. This has not been the case at all and I am very happy with this.

You may be thinking, "Pinky, it has only been 5 days. Are you seriously already reviewing this?" To that I say, yes I am. I also say, GAWL! WHY ARE YOU SO QUESTIONY? Trust me, if something is going to work on my skin,  it works quickly. I think I have accelerated powers of some kind because of my red hair. I don't know. I'm not a scientist or a magician. I do know that the CVS All Day Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 is a great buy for those of us with temperamental skin and limited cash flow.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

1 comment:

  1. I bought this a LONG time ago when CVS was out of the face cream that I used at the time and I LOVED it. I was really impressed with how moisturizing it was and how inexpensive it was. I don't know why I eventually switched to something else (Philosophy's Hope in a Jar, which DOES NOT smell bad), because now I remember how much I liked it.

    ReplyDelete