Friday, September 30, 2011

Out Out Damn (hair dye) Spot! - Ion Color Brilliance Stain Remover


Author: Vee


There are two types of ladies in this world: those who dye their hair and those who don’t.  Ok, so there are way more than just two types of ladies out there, but for today’s review, those are the only two distinctions that count.  Those of you who have naturally lovely hair color or are anti-dye, congratulations, but this review is for those who do.

I may have been born with brown hair but I am not a “natural” brunette.  Meaning I haven’t seen my real hair color since some time in 1996.  When I can, I drop $100 - $150 at the salon to have someone else color my tresses, but lately I’ve been dyeing my hair at home.  I’m planning on trying Kolby’s awesome tip for avoiding hairline stains, and I’ll have to give Mel’s foam hairdye a try too.  However, since I have all the coordination of an epileptic hamster I would STILL manage to get hair dye over myself, my counters, the floor and even the dog.  And this is where Ion Color Brilliance Stain Remover comes in.
This gel gets out hair color from most surfaces except for fabric, really porous materials like matte paint, or your dog.  Trust me, I tried to wipe my Shih Tzu down afterward and it didn’t work. Now I’ve convinced her that she looks good with those random reddish brown spots on her coat.  I've used this stuff to get out dye from my skin and all over the bathroom where I've managed to spatter haircolor. The clear gel has a scent that isn't overpowering and you just squeeze a drop or two on a cotton pad, rub that stain, and out it comes.
You can find Ion Color Brilliance Stain Remover at Sally’s Beauty Supply for about $5, and a 3 ounce bottle has lasted me many a hair dyeing. It does what it says and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to do it.

Rating: 8 out of 8 tentacles 

1 comment:

  1. That foam color Mel recommended was actually pretty damn awesome. I am a one woman hair dye disaster. I get that shit everywhere and with the foam stuff I managed to only get that shit on half of everything in the bathroom instead of on 100% of everything in the bathroom. Also that is the first time I've had a color come out a nice dark red-brown instead of eggplant.

    ReplyDelete