Monday, September 19, 2011

Love the Skin You're In - Even in Winter!

Author: Lainey

I love fall and winter – really, I even love winter, but one thing I don’t love in winter is my skin.  I have dry skin.  I mean DRY dry skin.  It’s gross.  And itchy.  It’s not fun.  I have tried all of the different lotions, potions, and oils I could get my dry, chubby hands on and until now, it’s been pointless.  I shower, put on lotion afterward (while freezing my ass off and doing a crappy job, because I want to hurry up and get in my jammies), and it either sticks to my clothing or it works for an hour or two and then back to the itching and dryness.  I’ve also tried the oil that you put on when you’re still wet from the shower – hello, broken hip!  Yeah, that just mostly got my shower floor slippery.

 I stumbled upon Olay Quench In-Shower Body Lotion a couple of years ago.  I was at CVS, dicking around, like I do, and it was on sale, so I picked up a bottle and smelled it.  Smelled good.  Smelled soft and a little perfumey, but not at all overwhelming.  I bought it and have never been more grateful!  Well, I mean, I’ve been more grateful in my entire LIFE – in this instance, I’ve just never been more grateful for a lotion.

The Olay Quench In-Shower Body Lotion is a lot of words, and really, it’s worth all of those words. You shower normally and then apply the body lotion after you soap up and rinse off.  It’s the consistency of conditioner (it might actually be conditioner for all I know) and you apply it as you would lotion, let it hang out on your skin for a minute while the steam in your shower helps it to sink in, and then rinse it off.   

There are a couple of different versions, but the one I really like (Ultra Moisture with Shea Butter, in the yellow bottle) is harder to find.  Guys can use this, too, by the way, but I caution you that the Quench one (in the purple bottle) has a shimmer/sparkle to it.  It’s not really all that noticeable (keep in mind that I am blindingly pale, so maybe it doesn’t show up as much on my skin), but fellas may be opposed to looking like Edward Cullen… or may not be opposed.  That’s cool.  We don’t judge.  Really though, you can’t really see it unless you’re looking for it.  

As I mentioned earlier, I got my original bottle at CVS, but I can’t seem to find it there anymore.  I found the Quench at Target last year, but then I couldn’t find it again.  Some stores may carry it..  Eventually, I bought it on Amazon, in the two-pack, because I LOVE it so much and never want to be without it ever again.  Also, because I might be kind of a hoarder.   Whatever, I don’t care.  The Olay Quench In-Shower Body Lotion is totally worth showing up on Hoarders for.  (YES, I ended that sentence with a preposition – it happens, OKAY?)

I give The Olay Quench In-Shower Body Lotion 8 out of 8 tentacles.  Really, it's good stuff.  Try it!


Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment