Thursday, January 24, 2013

D.I.Y! Y? Because we want to!

                                                               Park




So here's something you might not know about me. I heart crafts.  I like psychotically love crafts.  I'm one of those obnoxious people that looks at stuff in trendy stores, rolls my eyes and says "I could make that myself".

I know, it's super gross.  But, if you're completely honest, don't you secretly want to scoff at things in Urban Outfitters too?  Thought so!

Well welcome to an ALL DIY LINKS! Time to make your friends jealous and/or make people a bunch of gifts that they will graciously pretend they like because you made it so they have to (oh the power we DIY'ers have)

Let's start this off with a woman who is my personal style hero: Paloma Faith! Faith's music is amazing and her style is so balls to the wall bizarre that I've wrecked many a glue gun trying to make my own versions. (What Renee Made)




I don't know about you, but I love those cute little ruffle tees.  I want to just frounce around them and drink tea and eat tiny sandwiches.  PS frounce may not be an actual word, but it is if you're wearing a ruffle tee. (Rookie)

Man, I sure do love Anthropologie.  Man, I sure don't want to go into major debt buying $78 tank tops.  Problem solved. (Henry Happened)

Okay, maybe I'm a wee bit too into Anthro-DIYs, but this is the cutest sweater ever. (Honey and Fitz)

Oh man, what about these space shoes?  Yeah, you heard me, it's like your feet are in outer space! (Swell Mayde)

Are you a fancy lady on the go? Well how about this makeup brush roll? (The Beauty Department)
And for the fancy lady on the, um, stay, here's how a desk organizer can be used as a really cute makeup organizer. (Nouveau Cheap)

Do you love to lend out books but also hope to get them back at some point?  Well, here's a way to remind people which books are yours without having to do a lot of passive aggressive sighing.  I mean, you can still do that if you want.  I don't want to tell you how to live your life (My Poppet)

Man, Pottery Barn stuff sure looks great huh?  Wouldn't it be great if you could re-create it at home?  You can? Ohhhh yeah! Suck it Pottery Barn. (The Yellow Capecod)   

All this crafting has probably made you a bit hungry.  How about some deelicious cookies (don't let the name "compost cookies" throw you) from one of my favorite craft sites ever (Thimble)


And now, for perhaps the ultimate in DIY (don't try this one at home) bear tagging with Canadian National Treasure Rick Mercer.  Yes, it's funnier if you're Canadian, but it's still hilarious and adorable (quite like Mercer himself actually)


No comments:

Post a Comment