Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Out of Africa Pure Shea Butter Lip Balm with Vitamin E

Dixie





When I see a new brand of natural lip balm in the health food store, it's hard to resist buying it. If it's on sale? Forgot about it. That lip balm is coming home with me. So it was with Out of Africa Pure Shea Butter Lip Balm with Vitamin E. Orange cream flavor, no less.

I've talked about my awesome all-natural cocoa and shea butter based promotional lip balms before, right? Right. I'm on my last tube *single tear*, so I'm on the hunt for a suitable replacement. I want a balm that will coat my lips nicely while actually moisturizing and that lasts a while. Oh, and I want one with both shea butter and cocoa butter. Not that I'm picky. A quick look at the ingredients tells me that this fits the bill. Now, will the proportions of shea butter to cocoa butter be equal to my favorite?

In short, yes! The Out of Africa Pure Shea Butter Lip Balm with Vitamin E glides on nicely, leaving a layer that coats without being goopy. And the Orange Cream flavor is very light, not at all the powdery sweetness that most cosmetics and food manufacturers call "Natural Orange Flavor." With long-term wear, I noticed that the balm does exactly what it is supposed to - it keeps my lips from drying out over the course of the day without requiring dozens of applications. I think this might be the lip balm I'm looking for.

Next time you turn the wheel on your lip balm only to find it won't twist up any more product, head over to the Out of Africa site, Amazon.com, Walgreens.com, or your local health food store and plunk down a mere $5 for a 0.25 ounce tube or $3 for a 0.15 ounce tube. Your lips will be so happy. 8/8 tentacles. No demerits!

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment