Monday, November 26, 2012

Gillette Venus & Olay Razor: Five Blades And Glitter

Pinky McLadybits






You know what women like? GLITTER. Glitter on their feminine products, glitter in their lotions, glitter on their phones, glitter on packaging and razor handles. GLITTER. Give us glitter and we no longer care that the tampons leak, the glitter lotion doesn't moisturize so well, that the glitter chunks fall off our phones, and that our razors don't actually shave hair properly.

At least that's what I assume the people in charge of products for women must think.

The glittering packaging of the Gillette Venus & Olay Razor proclaims that it "helps replenish skin's moisture" with the moisture bars that flank the top and bottom of their five blades. Maybe that's true. I know that I didn't need to use any shaving lotion in order to keep from nicking up my legs or making the blades run smoothly over my skin. 


The top bar of gold left a path for the razor blades to follow and the bottom bar of white covered their tracks. I was quite pleased with how lovely everything was working and the lack of blood. Then I ran my hand over the leg to see where I needed to go back over with the Gillette Venus & Olay Razor. As it turns out that the heavily advertised FIVE BLADES on this razor didn't actually shave the hairs on my leg. That was probably why everything slid across my skin so smoothly. 

After running the razor over my legs three or four more times to no avail, I gave up. I grabbed my Trader Joe's Shave Cream and my disposable Venus razor and was able to clean up with the Gillette Venus & Olay had missed. I was exceedingly frustrated about needing to use two razors and being in the shower for so long. Water isn't free! 

I suppose I should point out that the moisture bars seemed to do their job of eliminating the need for shave cream. The handle on the Venus & Olay was very comfortable to use and the razor head pivoted to contour fairly well to the curves of my legs. These things do not save the Gillette Venus & Olay Razor from an inking, but I did want to point out the very few positives.

Rating: 0/8 tentacles



No comments:

Post a Comment