Friday, October 5, 2012

So Clean It's Scary: Bioré Steam Activated Cleanser

Rusty






I went through a weird period this summer where my forehead rebelled and decided to start sending me messages in braille. Given that I don’t read braille, this was a confusing decision and I wasn’t thrilled with having a forehead suddenly full of clogged up pores where once there had just been (mostly) smooth skin. I tried a lot of things to get through it, but what finally worked was Bioré Steam Activated Cleanser

The Bioré Steam Activated Cleanser is a thick gel with microbeads. When you rub it on your face it foams up and the steam of the shower allegedly helps open up your pores to let the cleanser in. I can’t speak to whether this is true or not, but I can tell you that my face did feel very tingly clean while I was washing it in the shower like my body. The beads weren’t hard, so there wasn’t any abrasiveness to the gel. The foam was thick and felt good on my face.

The cleanser is pretty strong, and afterwards my face felt tight and a little dry so if you’re prone to dryness this probably isn’t a good option for you. I wouldn’t use it everyday unless you have serious skin problems either, because it is so strong. It’s definitely sort of an extreme option for when your face has refused to respond to more reasonable and less drastic measure. 

Bioré Steam Activated Cleanser was a cleanser that felt good on my skin and got very clear results in terms of helping to clear up my skin. I give it a 7 out of 8, since it did leave my skin a bit dry and probably isn't suitable as an everyday cleanser for most people. 

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment