Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pivot! PIVOT! PIVOOOOT!: Gillette Venus Sensitive Disposable Razors

Figgy




Hallelujah and blessed be, I've finally found a disposable razor that I don't want to throw into the deepest pits of fiery hell!

You can't see me right now, but I'm raising the roof, here in my pajamas, like the biggest dork in the history of the planet. That's how happy I am.

I've always liked Venus razors. They're not perfect but they do the job and last forever, which, as far as I'm concerned, is a good enough reason to keep buying them forever. But I was intrigued by how the packaging claimed that the new Venus Sensitive razors had a pivoted head that contoured to your body.



Wait, wait. PIVOT. 


I can't even tell you how awesome the head of the razor is. It moves, but not too much, so that it actually moves with the curves of your legs or knees or whatever. This makes for a super quick shave where you don't have to contort your body or arm in bizarre positions to reach, say, the back of your thigh. This also helps immensely with preventing nicks, as you're not hitting random bumps of skin where your straight-headed razor catches on something. That sounds really weird, but you know what I'm talking about, right? Yes.

The head also has a bumpy plastic coat surrounding the blade, which at first was a little weird as it causes friction against your skin, but I liked it as it somehow made the shaving smoother. It also helps to get the cut hair out of the way of the blade in case you need to go over a certain spot.

I loved this razor. My legs felt wonderful after I shaved--not bumpy, not super sensitive and raw (as it does with rougher razors that seem to shave off more than just hair). It was freakin' amazing on my armpits, too, because of the movable head. Y'all know it can be a pain in the ass trying to move a bad razor over the weird shape of an armpit--this thing just moved like a dream.

The best part is that they're relatively cheap for a great razor. In my experience you have to shill out some serious money for good quality stuff, but a pack of four of these cost as much as other disposable razors. And they're much, much better than anything I've ever used.

So, definitely give them a try. I'd love for some of our readers or writers to try them out and see if they agree with me. You know my sanity's been questioned before.

A happy 8/8 for the Venus Sensitive Disposable Razors. The pivoted head (PIVOOOOT!) is wonderful, the blades are sharp and they won't cut you all up. And the price is almost perfect for the quality.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment