Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mirra Renew Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths: Pickle Juice?

Pinky McLadybits






I have been sick for nearly three weeks now. I totally manned up and waited until a couple of days ago to see the doctor, which is totally stupid. It also means that I have been lazing around the house for those three weeks, coughing until my buns are sore and my ribs feel cracked. It also means that I've looked super good. Did I type good? I meant LIKE DEATH. I HAVE LOOKED LIKE DEATH.

I still had to grocery shop and decided that I would be snagging some facial cleansing cloths to make myself feel a bit more human. Based on the dry skin accumulating around my tissue ravaged nostrils, I decided to go with Mirra Renew Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths. It was later that I realized these were Kroger brand cleansing cloths. Not that this mattered to me at all. Do they work? That is the question.

One side of the Mirra cloth is studded with little green exfoliating nubs. The other side is smooth. I took the exfoliating side and scrubbed lightly at my face, changing to harsher scrubbing around my nostrils. The Mirra cloth was able to take care of the flaking skin and leave smoothness behind without being irritating or leaving me horribly splotched. I followed up with the smooth side of the cloth, cleaning off any exfoliated skin and the last traces of mascara.

Sounds pretty good so far, right? The package also says that these cloths are cucumber, yet they stink like pickle juice. They are seriously sour, pungent, and pickle-smelling. I would caution people that hate pickle smells close to their face holes to consider skipping the Mirra cucumber face cloths. They reek.

Overall,  I would buy the Mirra cleansing cloths again, though I would definitely choose a different purported scent. Rubbing pickle juice on my face is not my idea of a fun time, kids.

Rating: 6/8 tentacles


No comments:

Post a Comment