Friday, October 12, 2012

Baby Got... Self-Respect

MelBivDevoe

Pretty sweet sign, right?  You've gotta check out the rest of the lyrics, though, to really appreciate it.  (So... That Happened)  (h/t Resa)

This list of foods to avoid at fast food restaurants might have you avoiding those restaurants altogether.  I suppose that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing... but who could give up the sweet, artery-clogging deliciousness of a place like Five Guys (for example)?  (Business Insider)

I can't believe it, but these might be the most unappealing cupcakes I've ever seen.  I didn't even know it was possible to make a cupcake I wouldn't want to eat!  (Who Killed Bambi)

Here's a recipe for Sriracha Ice Cream Sandwiches, if that's your kinda thing.  They do look pretty yummy, but I haven't the buds for such a spicy treat.  (Laughing Squid)

In this interview, Paul Rudd opens up about his latest Broadway play, and compares "Clueless" to John Hughes's oeuvre.  Apt comparison, if you ask me.  (The Daily Beast)

Meh, these "scary" photos aren't so bad - ohmygod, what is happening in #23?!?  (Buzzfeed)

A man on route from LA to Boston was stopped by airport security for having body armor, weapons and body bags in his luggage.  How on Earth did this guy get past security in Japan to make it to LAX in the first place?  (Gawker)

I think the title of this next article says it all: "I Was a Model in a Regency Jane Austen Fashion Show."  (The Hairpin)

Separated in his youth from his family, a man in Australia turned to Google Earth to find his old home in India.  An incredible story, and fair warning, you might get a little choked up at this one.  (Vanity Fair)

When I first read this headline, I thought it was proclaiming a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" remake, and my vision went red for a few minutes.  But fear not, it's just advertising an upcoming play.  (Vulture)

You're probably aware that I'm of the opinion that the "Honey Boo Boo" tv show is a blight on humanity.  Yet, I enjoy this video of Christopher Walken, Colin Farrell, and Sam Rockwell reading lines from the show.  The cognitive dissonance is overwhelming, but you can't deny that the weird, almost Cajun Southern accent Farrell is doing is entertaining.



No comments:

Post a Comment