Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara: Green Good?



Dixie



I will never learn. I mean, I try but I don't. One day I'll learn to stick with the mascara that works, but until that day I will continue to peruse the mascara sections of the drugstore, looking for a new and possibly exciting formula to share with you Hot Inkers. Now, I'm kind of a secret hippie; we all know this. So when I saw the Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara on sale, I might have squealed in the middle of CVS. Just a little. Not loud enough for the lady browsing in the vitamins and supplements aisle to hear me. Ahem. After my squeal, I was skeptical, but decided to buy it anyway. Hot Ink gives me an excuse to experiment.

At first glance the ingredients don't look too bad. There are a few that are a mouthful, but they were close enough to nature to satisfy my grumbling about the possible misleading labeling that exists with a lot of natural products. To save your eyes from a long list, here is the label:


Not too bad, right? Certainly closer to nature than traditional mascaras, even if some are not pronounceable. The claims on the side of the box are promising as well - no harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives, clumping, smudging, or flaking. Okay. A nice mix of traditional mascara promises as well as hippie mascara promises. On the other side, a bit of interesting information (to be taken with a grain of salt) about the ingredients. I found it interesting, anyway:



How well does it work, though? My answer to you is a qualified "it works pretty well." The Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara is a nice mascara and lives up to most of it's claims. It didn't irritate my eyes, it didn't flake, and it didn't clump. My lashes were nicely darkened and separated, with a bit of plumpness thrown in. Smudging, however, is a different story. With just my usual mineral powder concealer and foundation on under my eyes, this mascara smudged about halfway through the day. To keep it in place, I had to apply a coat of eye primer under my lashes. With the coat of primer, it stayed beautifully.
Despite needing a coat of primer under my eyes to keep this mascara in place, I really like it. I mean, I feel like that should piss me off since the formula should stay in place on it's own, but it doesn't bother me too much. The Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara looks so nice on my lashes that I'm giving it a pass on that one annoyance. Plus, the coat of primer keeps my concealer in place, too. So. I'm generously giving this mascara a 7/8 tentacles, docking only one for the need for an extra product. Should you choose to try this mascara, you can find it at Ulta, Wal-Mart, Wal-greens, Drugstore.com and various other retailers for between $8 and $10.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment