Thursday, September 6, 2012

Beautiful Meets Goofy Meets Smart Meets Goofy Again


Park                                                                                     




Whoa, it's already been a year (well, okay, that was yesterday, but still pretty darn cool, right?)  I wanted to celebrate by finding some of the greatest, funniest most well written stuff on the internet (well, okay, I always try to do that, but still pretty darn cool I'm trying, right?)

Let's start with possibly the most hilarious messing with someone I’ve ever read.  Though perhaps not as hilarious as the picture to the left. (Don’t Even Reply)

Love letters and responses to them.  I think this is just beautiful (The Hairpin)

Going to hang out with a bunch of Harry Potter nerds and want to impress them but only have 13 minutes to bone up on the movies?  No worries, we’ve got your back  (The Mary Sue)

“You’re killing me Smalls!” because I didn’t know what happened to you.  But now I do, so, umm, Woo! Smalls! (Buzzfeed)

This is a really interesting article about what leads to success: smarts or drive (Slade)

Want to make one of those cute messy buns you’ve seen everywhere and do it in the simplest way possible? (Divine Caroline)

Ever wanted to sneak into a Fashion Week event (or any other fancy type event)? Here’s some tips (The Gloss)

Oh notecard wisdom.  You are so wise, and sometimes hilarious (Trollzy)

This is an excellent examination of what it’s like to be harassed by men and how quickly “you’re pretty” can turn to scary abuse (Unwinona)

You know what’s a great idea, teaching pre-teen girls to pole dance.  No, wait, the opposite of that: terrible (The Province)

Advice is great.  Advice from Mike Birbiglia is the BEST (Rookie)

Ever wondered what it would be like if the X-Men starred in Star Wars.  I hadn’t until today, now I can’t stop thinking about it (io9)

Just when I thought there was nothing left to do with Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" someone came up with one last genius idea.


Speaking of things I didn't think you could do anything more on, here's a hilarious Twilight lip dub.  Man, you just can't kill that series (get it? 'cuz he's a vampire).


1 comment:

  1. I used to have travel issues when I lived in NY. In general, people were good with the "fuck off" attitude I gave off on the Subway, but that wasn't always the case. The only time it got scary was walking from the station to my apartment one night after a job. It was 3 AM, and I was dressed from a night of serving drinks and dealing poker for a "guys night"...which meant my outfit left little to the imagination. I had put on pants under my skirt (I prefer not to tempt fate - though I'm sure Akin and others would have blamed me if something had happened). Still, I looked hot, and I walked by the mini mart, which had just closed and had its staff hanging out in front. I have never in my life been so glad to not speak Spanish. There is nothing worse than walking down a street, unsure if you are being followed, hand on your knife just in case, not knowing the words being hurled at you but getting the gist - and all because you dared to be attractive and coming home from work late at night. The world is a fucked up place.

    ReplyDelete