Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Face Moisturizer for All Seasons: Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Oil-Free Moisturizer

Tamatha





I know, I know.  I'm like a broken record with the Alba Botanica products.  But listen, when you find a brand which consistently makes excellent products, there's simply no reason to risk a disappointing experience with another brand.  Besides, this was one of my first Alba products, so there.

As you may recall from my Pineapple Enzyme Facial Scrub review,  in the same travel kit which contained that scrub, I also discovered my favorite face moisturizer.  Technically, in that kit it was the Natural Hawaiian Moisture Cream, but when I asked for the full size of that for a present, the Main Squeeze chose the Oil-Free version, which turned out to be a good (easy-to-make) mistake on his part.


Something you should know about me is that I was a little late to the face moisturizer party.  For years,  I was far too concerned about breakouts to consider using a face moisturizer.  I finally had to be convinced that break outs were not going to be caused by the right kind of moisturizers and the benefits far outweighed any concerns about breaking out anyway.

So yes, I had this Alba Botanica travel kit, which contained the Hawaiian Moisturizer and I loved it!  It took only a small amount to make my face feel smooth and soft and lovely.  It wasn't too heavy and it smelled great.  I first used it in the summer, and found it light enough to work during those warmer months.  And as summer transitioned into fall and then winter, I was happy to discover that this moisturizer worked equally well in the winter--though perhaps with a bit more of the product.

Once I got the Oil Free version, that meant I was more inclined to feel comfortable using it on the parts of my face that I usually avoided putting moisturizer on: my chin and my nose.  This is especially important during the drier cooler months.

I have been using this moisturizer for seven years now and continue to think it is fabulous.  I love that I can use it in all seasons--it's light enough for spring and summer and moisturizing enough to handle a New England winter.

So, if you've been looking for a good moisturizer, I can't recommend Alba Botanica's Natural Hawaiian Oil-Free Moisturizer enough!  It's not too heavy, but still gets the job done.  It has aloe and green tea and something called gotu kola.  Aloe and green tea we all know are good for you--aloe is moisturizing and green tea has antioxidants.  According to the interwebs, gotu kola has all kinds of beneficial properties.  (The non-oil-free version is also nice--especially if you don't share my anti-break-out obsession--and smell even prettier.)

Obviously, this is getting 8 out of 8 tentacles, because you'll pry this moisturizer out of my cold, dead hands.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles


No comments:

Post a Comment