Thursday, June 7, 2012

Reynolds Wrap Slow Cooker Liners: Slow Cooking Just Got Lazier

Rusty






Every year my family has a big party over Memorial day weekend that involves a ton of cooking. This year in particular there were a solid 36 hours in which our slow cooker was going to be on and with three different recipes to be completed. Cleaning out the giant ceramic insert three times was not something I was looking forward to so when I saw Reynold’s Slow Cooker Liners I grabbed the box on impulse. 

The liners are thin plastic bags, completely open at one end that you put in the liner folding the excess up and over the edges. I was a little skeptical that the thin plastic wouldn’t melt, but I trusted that a company like Reynold’s knew enough about cooking heat to have tested that out. The bags held up under the warm, low, and high settings on our slow cooker and even the 14 hours that it took for a 9lb. pork shoulder to reach proper pulled pork consistency.

The bags didn’t just make clean up easier, they helped in just getting the food out. After ladling out a whole batch of baked beans, I was able to take out the liner and dump the dregs out of the bag into the serving bowl very easily. As anyone who has tried to dump from the ceramic liner directly knows, those heavy bowls are awkward to handle and heavy enough that slipping is a real possibility. I wouldn’t trust the liners to lift very heavy foods (I took the pork shoulder out with forks) but to help get the last little bits out or the broth from cooking a piece of meat, it’s great. 

If you use a slow cooker on a regular basis and aren’t a fan of soaking, scrubbing, and drying the slow cooker insert every time, you should get these liners. Or if you have to do back to back batches of beans and pork in order to have enough food to feed about 40 people over the weekend, then these are also for you. I’m sure there are many people concerned about the possibility of plastic seeping into their food, but at this point in my life I am not one of them.

Reynolds Wrap Slow Cooker Liners are a great time saver for cleaning slow cookers and handy at getting every last morsel of food out and into your dish. 8 out of 8 tentacles. 


Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment