Friday, June 29, 2012

It's Impossible to Say "It's Friday!" Without Thinking of That Damn Song

MelBivDevoe





... you know which one I mean.  But that's ok.  I'm not letting it get me down.  It's finally Friday and life is good.  So how about happy links today?  Nothing but good stuff to start your weekend!

Yesterday, the Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act, yay!  Here's a breakdown of what that means for you (and your vagina).  (Jezebel)

This shameless excuse for photos of shirtless men is not what "mandate" means, but I'll allow it.  (Buzzfeed)

This might give you a laugh.  CNN had their very own "Dewey Beats Truman" moment yesterday.  Less surprisingly, so did Fox News. (ABL)

Want a little political discourse with your next meal? Conflict Kitchen, a take-out restaurant in Pittsburgh, serves meals only from countries that are in conflict with the U.S.  (Conflict Kitchen)

Find yourself buying new flip-flops every year?  If you're not sure what to do with all your old ones, why not recycle them with TerraCycle?  You can help the Earth AND earn Old Navy coupons! (TerraCycle)

I love a good Matthew McConaughey impression.  Channing Tatum gives Matt Damon a run for his money in this clip from his interview with David Letterman.  (Crushable)

This might be Katy Perry's most ridiculous costume yet, but I love it.  Her red carpet look is even better, though.  (The Gloss)

More stylish eye candy?  Andrew Garfield in Gucci.  Yum.  (TLo)

I knew some celebrities had some strange pets (lions, tigers, pigs, oh my!), but I never knew there have been multiple alligators in the White House.  (Daily Beast)

Quiz time!  Can you name all these Pixar voices?  (Mental Floss)

A lot of these underrated 90's "gems" get brought up time and time again on these nostalgia lists, but I think this is the first I've seen any reference "Roundhouse."  I loved that show!  (Vulture)

One last link to make you smile today.  "40 Faces of Pure Joy."  (Buzzfeed)

And to kick off your weekend, here's Metric with "Youth Without Youth." 

No comments:

Post a Comment