Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hot Links Title Goes Here!

Pinky McLadybits





I thought it was terrible that my parents let me watch Poltergeist, which I'm sure added to my life-long fear of clowns and Native American burial grounds attacking me. At least they didn't read these terrifying stories to me. (Flavorwire)

I recently floated the idea to my husband of buying all of the recent Marvel movies. You know, the good ones. He wasn't having it, but he will. OH, HE WILL. (Nerd Bastards)

Many people say that The Wire is the best television show ever. I think it was really good. The cast was outstanding and they are interviewed here. (Maxim)

I don't know how else to prep you for this article. Basically it says that running is the only sport. (Slate)


They don't tell you in that article that sometimes you poop yourself while running. POOP YOURSELF. Sometimes other factors contribute to your exercising stank, of course. (The Great Fitness Experiment)

Hey! Let's all have a knee-jerk reaction that will probably turn out to be totally justified about the news that Facebook might let little kids join! They'll be connected through their parents! STFU Parents will have 1000% more material. (Geekosystem)

Bath salts. The drug. Which I thought were normal bath salts and I wondered if lavender bath salts got you higher than gardenia or vanilla sugar. Anyway, bath salts are bad, mmkay? Really bad. How bad? (Forbes)

I'd also like to point out that the people eating other people while allegedly under the influence of bath salts are not zombies. Stop calling them that, dammit. It makes you sound as crazy (and shit-stirring)  as the people of ancient Bulgaria that shoved metal rods through corpses they thought were vampires. (Huffington Post)

Seriously, give it a rest! (Discover Magazine)

Let me get this straight, a bear ate a convicted murderer and you repay it by euthanazing it? GIVE THAT BEAR A FUCKING CANADIAN MEDAL. (Also Huff Po)

Everything is more expensive, even martinis. MARTINIS!! (The Awl)

I don't know if this is good news or bad news, but the Watchmen prequels are available today. Don't worry, there are other comic releases as well. (io9)

I'm not going to lie to you. This gameplay demo of Resident Evil 6 had me engrossed. ME WANT. First step? XBox360 or PS3.



Post-It Note stop-motion animation!

1 comment:

  1. I'd also like to point out that the people eating other people while allegedly under the influence of bath salts are not zombies.

    THANK YOU. Being a cannibal due to taking crazy ass drugs and being the undead are VERY different things here, y'all.

    ReplyDelete