Friday, March 23, 2012

Time To Clean Up: Clean and Clear Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes

Rusty






While I do swear by my Pond’s cold cream for the most effective and gentle make up removal, there are times when I don’t feel like smearing my entire face with thick cream and killing between 5 and 8 cotton balls or ruining a wash cloth getting it off. Sometimes I want something easier and turn to cleansing wipes. 

Recently I got some Clean and Clear makeup dissolving facial cleansing wipes and gave them a whirl. My biggest problems with facial wipes are that they tend to leave my skin feeling tight and dry, but with a weird film over top and that I tend to need to scrub with them to actually get makeup off.


The Clean and Clear wipes, though, did well on all those counts. My makeup dissolved quickly and wiped off easily, and the cleanser was gentle enough that my face didn’t feel tight or sticky afterwards. There was still a slight sense of a film of cleanser left on my face, but nothing compared to other products I’ve used.

The only frustration I had with the wipes is that you have to keep shifting to a clean spot because once the makeup is on the wipe it’s really easy to smear it back on your face. But then you find a clean bit of the cloth and it wipes right off again, you just have to make sure you’ve got a mirror in front of you otherwise makeup removal might not be ‘removal’ so much as ‘smearing around.’

Clean and Clear makeup dissolving facial cleansing wipes get a 7 out of 8 from me. They work great, lack many annoying qualities common to cleansing wipes, and the only reason I left a point off is because I’m still loyal to my beloved cold cream.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment