Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rusty's Sample Roulette: Algenist Firming and Lifting Cream

Rusty





I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!

For whatever reason Sephora insists on sending me multiple wrinkle reducing/skin firming lotions and potions. I don’t really have wrinkles, but in the interest of coming up with new things to review, I did think that perhaps I could use the Algenist Firming and Lifting Cream. I needed it to combat the little lines I am starting to get in my forehead and the outside corners of my eyes because of my insistence on making expressions that cause my skin to crease up in those areas. I know, if I were serious about looking good into my 60s I’d maintain a perfect stone face at all times, but I guess I’m just a failure like that.

After using this cream for a while, I think there is a small amount of difference; it seems like those little lines are shorter or less noticeable. The cream itself is nice too; it’s unscented and rubs into skin very easily. It also goes a long way, to cover my forehead down to the outside corners of my eyes I’ve been using about enough to cover one finger tip. More would probably be better, but since I’m trying to extend the sample I’ve been using it sparingly. Also, the cream doesn’t have any weird burn to it the way some anti-aging face creams can.

Like all anti-aging products, the Algenist Firming and Lifting Cream is pretty crazily expensive but since I saw results on skin that is pretty firm already I’m inclined to believe it’s the real deal. I know I tend to rate on a no, maybe, definitely scale for samples but I am going to hedge here and say 6 out of 8. If you’ve got the money, it works, but I can’t say that it works any better than less expensive products.

Rating: 6/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment