Monday, March 26, 2012

Honeysuckle Breastmilk Storage Bags: Mother Earth Likey?

Dixie





Last week I discussed how middling the Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags are. Since they are unfortunately so readily available you might be asking, "Dixie, what the hell am I supposed to store my milk in?! I worked hard for this stuff, yo." Fear not, ladies and partners passing this article on to nursing mothers, I am about to tell you about an excellent bag. One that doesn't chip when you give it a cross look.

And that bag is? Honeysuckle Breastmilk Storage Bags! I learned about these bags from a friend on Facebook, and I am so grateful she posted about them. Since I switched to the Honeysuckle bags, I have not had a single problem with chipping and leakage. Overall, the plastic that the bags are made from is just better quality than the Lansinoh ones and it's biodegradable, which makes my inner Earth Mother very happy.

The markings on the top of the Honeysuckle bags are not as detailed as the Lansinoh ones. At the mouth of the bag is a space for your baby's name and the date you pumped and stored the breastmilk, but that's it. An addition of a space to mark the time of day would be prudent. Interestingly, the top of the bag is completely sealed, making it tamper-proof. Observe:
Honeysuckle on left, Lansinoh on right.
A nice feature, yes?

Another nice feature of the bags, they're more aesthetically pleasing. This sounds stupid, but the printing on the Honeysuckle bags is darker. I never realized how light and faded looking the printing on the Lansinoh bags looked until I compared it to the Honeysuckle ones. See? Dumb, I know. But I noticed it, for what it's worth. (Which is nothing.)

These bags get a 7/8 tentacles from me. Why the docked tentacle? They're a little hard to find. Right now they are available on the Honeysuckle website and on Amazon. A set of 50 costs between $11 and $18 and a set of 100 costs $21 or $22. They're about the same price as the Lansinoh, but you get much better quality. These are the bags you want if you are freezing your breastmilk.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment