Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Zoya Polish In Indigo: Scientific As Hell

Pinky McLadybits




Test subject: Zoya Nail Polish in Indigo.

I received Indigo from Zoya as part of their free promotion. I chose it because of the dark blue color and the hints of sparkle that reminded me of a starry sky. It looked pretty online but was darker and less sparkly when I received the bottle in the mail.

I will attempt to test the polish and share my findings as to the color, ease of use, and lasting ability of the polish. I applied a base coat, two coats of polish, and one top coat. I dried the nails under a nail dryer for over an hour.


Test Scenario 1: Removing laundry from washer and putting it in dryer.

I was able to successfully remove the laundry from the washer and transfer it to the dryer without chipping or ruining my manicure. Yay.

Test Scenario 2: Changing an Airwick device in the bathroom, involving opening a package.

I pushed on the package with the pads of my fingers, attempting to keep the manicure safe. I was able to then grasp the edge of the package and open it without any harm to my nail color. Hooray.

Test Scenario 3: Zipping my coat.

This totally ruined my manicure, and I don't even use my nails to zip my coat. These findings are frustrating, to say the least, and caused me to curse loudly for a few moments. I don't know if the Zoya base and top coats would have made a difference in the longevity of the manicure, but I am financially unable to test this theory at this time.

I am also disappointed with the lack of sparkle found in the polish. It was depicted as very shiny and full of small pieces of sparkle that would shimmer in the light. I found this was not the case. The color was very dark, not shiny, and barely a sparkle was to be seen, even in direct light.

Rating: 4/8 tentacles


No comments:

Post a Comment