Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Friday. Try To Contain Your Excitement.

Kolby




I don't know, man.  That was the first image to pop up when I searched for "Friday."  I'm not saying I love it, I'm just saying....I'll have what she's having?  Oh, just check out the links.


For those of you who loved everything about the Harry Potter book series but the lack of sex, here's a bit of good news:  J.K. Rowling has decided to write her first adult book.  Adult means more sex, right?  I need to know...for a friend.  (E! Online)

Here's one more reason why I'll always love Timmy Tebow, though I'm sure I didn't need another one.  (Yahoo Sports)

This is a sweet little story - Leonardo DiCaprio helped the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences obtain one of the four existing pairs of ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz for their new museum.  Awwww.  (The Hollywood Reporter)


Easily pronounced names apparently make people seem more likeable.  I'm not sure if that's a reflection of the cleverness of a person's parents in choosing an easy-to-pronounce name for their child, or of the laziness or stupidity of anyone unable to learn to pronounce a more difficult name than Sally.  (Wired)

If you're interested in cooking but can't quite seem to turn out a successful meal, check out these tips for addressing the most common kitchen mistakes.  (Cooking Light)

It's a bird!  It's a plane!  It's a flying infant!  (PetaPixel)

And here's a recipe for Corn Dog Mini Muffins.  I'm speechless...mostly because of the drool.  I loooove corn dogs.  (That's Nerdalicious!)

People who dress up their dogs are weird.  People who dress up their cats, on the other hand, tend toward brilliance.  You can't make this stuff up.  (Laughing Squid)

These before and after photos of the devastation caused by last year's earthquake and tsunami in Japan with awe and sadden you.  (The Atlantic)

I'm thinking about going back to school to get a teaching degree, but only because I'm absolutely dying to use this stamp.  (io9)

Adele's gone and rewarded herself for her much-deserved success with a fancy new house.  And I do mean fancy, folks.  (Evil Beet)

I admit to not watching The Simpsons in several years, so I had no idea that the show's 500th episode aired this past Sunday.  For those of you who did watch, here's the opening reel for that episode, in slow motion.


I can guarantee this clip will make your day.  I know it's Friday and it probably wouldn't take much to make even the most cynical asshole smile on a Friday, but trust me, this video will make you feel a little happier.  Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment