Monday, January 9, 2012

e.l.f. Nail Polish Remover Pads: Rub Me In A Circular Motion!

Pinky McLadybits


I have had one nail with Gone Gonzo by OPI on it for about two weeks now. I could not get the hunks of glitter off of my nail. I used CVS Non-Acetone Instant Polish Remover, scraped at it with nail files, picked at it while waiting in lines, and came thisclose to attempting to use fire to remove it. It was messed up.

I decided to grab another nail polish remover while at Target and was about to buy the Sally Hansen brand when I decided to look at the e.l.f. display. Sure enough, there was a package of Nail Polish Remover Pads, $1 for $18 pads. They were the right price and purported to have a "Fresh Citrus Scent". Now, I'm not going to sniff this polish remover (I won't make that mistake one more again), but it would be nice to remove polish from my nails without assaulting my nose. 

The little round container of Nail Polish Remover Pads is about the size of the Nivea Creme Tin. The container unscrews and you have lovely little round pads that actually smell citrusy. Even after closing the tin, I can still faintly smell the sweet citrus of alcohol and acetyl-soaked pads. Smells like freedom.

The pads are small but they work really well. I finally got the damned glitter off of my thumb. It took a couple of minutes and at first I thought the pad was just going to get caught on the glitter, but it didn't and it removed all glitter traces. Amazing! It does what it says it will do! What is that I don't even!

They are tiny, though. So tiny. So I find myself with just a crumpled wad of polish pad, trying to get every last speck of polish off before I need to use another one from the case. They also leave your nails and hands a little oily, which is probably good for your hands and nails but bad for putting new polish on immediately after removing the last color. Minor problems, though. For $1 a case I shouldn't be so skimpy with using the pads. BUT THAT'S WHO I AM , JUDGY MCJUDGERSON!

Rating: 6/8 tentacles


3 comments:

  1. I <3 e.l.f. Their makeup removal wipes are fantastic. I used them during Camelot when I had to go from Morgan Le Fay (with full dark eyes and a face tattoo) back to a Lady of the Court (with none of that). Took me about a minute and usually only one wipe to rid myself of all of that, without damaging my skin in the process. MADE OF WIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After chiseling glitter polish off my toes last summer, I swore I would never do it again. But it's so cute! Glad something works on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to get a manicure with glitter already on my nails and one of the little bastards wouldn't come off. The lady said not to worry about it and then she proceeded to buff it off my nail. I was amazed at how awesome and quick it was.

    ReplyDelete