Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dashed on the Rocks: The Body Shop's DeoDry Deodorant

Figgy




Oh woe is me, sadness in all things, the world is dark and there are seas of tears because The Body Shop has let me down for the first time. Why must there be such pain the world? Why must this deodorant stick exist and ruin my unshakable faith in thee, Body Shop?

But shake it it did, because this thing is kind of crap.

I had high hopes for it, both because it's from my new favorite store and because along with all of its products it boasts plenty of good things: Paraben free, not tested on animals, no aluminum salts (I guess that's a good thing?) and had "Volcanic mineral" (Holy crap, that sounds fancy!) and essential oils. And it smelled nice, like roses.

But turns out that it doesn't work very well. I liked the idea of just using a deodorant (as opposed to a anti-perspirant) and it's pretty hard to find them, so this seemed like just what I was looking for.

Alas, it's more of that brand of deodorant that thinks that just plastering your skin with a strong fragrance will do the trick. Yeah, it smelled nice, but after only a few hours I could feel it fading as more...unpleasant smells set in. I'd been working for a few hours on my feet, so I was doing plenty of physical activity, and the DeoDry just didn't hold up. It claimed to be active for 24 hours, but it didn't last for four. And like I've mentioned before, it's not like I sweat buckets and am a hideous stink monster, so I can't imagine how badly this would fail if I were.

I hoped that for the price ($5, which is a little much for a deodorant) it would work a little better, but even the cheap drug store brands work better on me than this.

So, back to the store it goes. I hate returning things, but I figure for the $5 I can get something much better at The Body Shop. I've been eyeing their Body Butters rather greedily lately.

I give it 1 out of 8 tentacles. The smell was nice, and it was good to have a product that works just as a deodorant, but that's about all the positives I can think of. How disappointing.

Tears on my pillow, y'all.

Rating: 1/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment