Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Butter Me Up: Soap and Glory's Righteous Butter

Rusty




The further we get into winter, the more I realize that one of the largest problems when it comes to keeping my skin moisturized is clothing. Because I live with a non-nudist family and because it’s frequently cold enough that I can’t feel my toes even in fleece lined slippers, I can’t just walk around in my underwear while I’m home. So the places where my clothing fits closely end up extra dry and scaly in addition to the baseline dryness experienced by the rest of my skin.

I’ve tried a lot of different body washes and lotions to combat this, and most recently I tried Soap and Glory’s Righteous Butter from the Soap and Glory YouCube set I previously reviewed.

The body butter is scented with Soap and Glory’s signature scent which I’d describe as something primarily light floral with hints of citrus and a strange sense of marshmallow hanging over all of it. (It smells fluffy to me, OK? I realize that makes no sense.) It’s light enough, though, and not overbearing the way certain popular mass market mall brand lotions are. The butter itself is satisfyingly thick in the container, and contains shea and aloe vera.

As for how it works, I’d say that it works very well immediately but there are diminishing returns the further one gets from the time of application. I tend to put the butter on before bed, usually on the backs of my arms and around my hips which seem to be the worst off in the dry weather, and when I put it on it feels lovely and nourishing and not oily or overly greasy. Obviously your clothes are going to stick to you a bit if you put them on immediately afterwards, but the texture is nice overall. The next morning, though, I find that my skin is slightly less dry than it had been, but there’s no spectacular transformation happening.

Overall I’ll give it a 5 out of 8; it’s a nice little product and if I weren’t drying up like a slug in a salt mine, it would probably be more than enough moisturizing power to meet the needs of normal skin. I need to break out the big guns, though.

Rating: 5/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment