Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Umberto Dry Clean Dry Shampoo: Spray That Grease Right Outta My Hair

Pinky McLadybits



I have really thick hair. Every time I get it cut, there is enough hair left on the floor to paste together a small lap dog or a ponytail for someone to wear on the red carpet. My hair ties usually pull apart at the seams and burst after a few uses. I've always gotten compliments on the thickness of my hair.

Alas, we always want what we don't have and what I want is lovely, straight, flat hair. This takes time, kids. Sometimes an hour. It takes a little less time now that I have bangs, but it just isn't something that I want to do on a daily basis. Enter Umberto Dry Clean Dry Shampoo and my lazy inclination to shower without washing my hair.

As I type this, I am on day 4 without washing my hair. I think. Anyway, it is nice and flat and just how I like it to look, except for oily spots. I really don't want to wash my hair today, as I have things to do and blow-drying, applying product, and flat-ironing my hair isn't on my list of fun shit. Plus that first day of washing and styling always leaves me with hair a lot fluffier or bigger than I like. So I will be spraying some Umberto Dry Clean Dry Shampoo on my head instead. I'll be right baaack (said in the voice of Stu from Scream.)

Did you even notice I was gone?!? No, it's fine. Sniff.

Ahem. I brushed my hair, which I don't know how great an idea it is to distribute the grease, but that's what I did. Then I separated the first section that needed some help and clipped the rest of my hair up. You shake the can of Umberto and then hold it 6 inches from your hair (I have no idea if I held it 6 inches away. Who the hell knows whether they're doing that the proper distance? I think saying arm's length would be better, though I didn't do that either. Dammit.) Spray once or twice on the scalp. Then I moved to the next section and did the same.

I tried not to spray on the top of my scalp because the spray is white and sometimes difficult to thoroughly dissipate. Then you have polka-dot head. I get greasy in the hair around my ears, so I lightly sprayed there too. Then I used my fingers to fluff and comb the spray through my hair, followed by brushing. My hair looked a lot less greasy and more shiny. However, it still feels kind of yuck on the top. But it looks good!

Umberto Dry Clean Dry Shampoo is a real life saver when you are lazy but still concerned with looking like you might be one step away from a Very Special Episode of Intervention. It isn't perfect, but it will prolong your time between shampoos and is definitely easier than dumping baby powder all over the bathroom while trying to apply it to your hair.

Rating: 6/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment