Thursday, December 1, 2011

Trust Me, I'm a Porefessional: Benefit's Porefessional Pore Minimizing Cream

Rusty



We all have those little parts of our appearance that we don’t like no matter how many people tell us that they have no idea what they’re talking about. Eventually, we admit to ourselves that while no one else may notice the flaw or annoyance, it’s not about them. It’s about us, and what we need to feel confident and happy in our appearance.

For me, one of those things is my pores. No one else will say that I have large or noticeable pores, but ever since I was a pre-teen I can remember leaning far over the bathroom counter right up to the mirror to look at the offending spots. I became an early believer in Biore pore strips, and still lean far over the sink to get to the mirror so I can better squint and throw murderous glances at the skin over my nose and cheeks.


So when I walked into a Sephora one day and had one of the sales ladies offer to demo a product for me that would help minimize pores, I was in the chair before I really knew what was happening. She used Benefit’s The Porefessional under some powder and I was amazed. Smooth, pore free looking skin without mucking around with primer and foundation! I bought some immediately. (My purchasing decision may have also been influenced by the sequined make-up bag they were giving away with Benefit purchases. But the pore thing was important too.)

Ever since it’s what I use when I want to look properly done up with smooth skin without fussing with my foundation. It’s a translucent cream that smooths on easily and makes your skin feel silky. Everything looks smooth and with a small dusting of powder over top you get the appearance of pore free skin without worrying about blending your foundation into your neck. Best of all is that it doesn’t feel heavy or sticky when I’m applying it or after it’s on my face.

The small size my put some people off, but I’ve had mine since spring and I just need a few tiny dabs to take care of my self-described ‘problem areas’ of nose, the inside corners of my cheeks, and middle forehead. I only use it occasionally, though, so for people who wear make-up every day it probably won’t last as long.

Benefit’s “The Porefessional” gets 7 out of 8 tentacles from me, with one taken off for the price/size of product issue because I’m cheap like that.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

2 comments:

  1. I used this today for the first time and I was really impressed as it far exceeded my expectations and masked the pores on my cheeks which are HUGE. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a little sample of this from Sephora and I really liked it. I intended to buy some but then forgot. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete