Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hot Links: Only Three Days Left Until That Big Family Screamfest You've Been Planning All Year.

Kolby


So, um, Adam Lambert got picked up by the po-po for beating up his boyfriend.  In Finland. Also, I have to thank dlisted for giving Adam Lambert the amazing new nickname of Glamberace.  It's beyond perfect.  (dlisted)

North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Il died on a train last Saturday.  Or did he?  Dun dun dun.  (Gawker)

I couldn't help but smile at this adorable letter to Santa Claus, written in 1911 and found decades later in a Dublin chimney.  (BoingBoing)

I may not be having casual sex right now.  Or ever.  But for those of you who are, here's Awkwardette's Ill-Advised Guide to Getting It On: Intuitive Sexing to hold your hand as you venture down that (dirty, dirty) path.  (Persephone Magazine)



Ever wonder if your mom will actually use that chainsaw you got her last year?  If you've still got people on your holiday gift list you haven't yet shopped for, here's an economist's guide to gift giving that might help you get them something they'll actually use.  (Slate)

Ahhh, the timeless art of convincing people to do what you want them to do.  Here are a few tips to perfect your powers of persuasion.  (Wired)

What do you do if the Snickerdoodles you baked for Santa are a little more brown than golden?  Lifehacker is here to help.  (Lifehacker)

Some people love Christmas.  Some people loves Christmas SO much that they make it a permanent part of their life.  These people...well, I can't really begin to grasp how much someone has to love Christmas to add a Christmas-themed tattoo to their torso.  (Oddee)

Check out this collection of seriously breathtaking high-speed photographs of exploding Christmas ornaments.  (Flavorwire)

If you've spent time wondering what your "online life" was like a year ago, there's a way to find out.  Timehop is a service that will send you daily e-mails reminding you of what you were up to on various social networking sites last year, if you're into finding that sort of thing out.  (Laughing Squid)

This may be The Most Insanely Violent Cartoon Ever, but I can't be sure, since the horrific animation was what really assaulted my eyes. (Cracked)

I would totally build this gingerbread version of the Weasley's home The Burrow, but I'm afraid it would end up only half-finished, and I would end up with five extra pounds in my tush.  (Instructables)

Just in time to combat that post-holiday cookie guilt, and maybe help you stick to that resolution to live a healthier lifestyle, here are the 7 Best Workout Apps.  (AllWomensTalk)

So, I'm a vegetarian, but this Burger King commercial from Russia...well, it doesn't make me want a burger. I'm really not sure what it's making me want.  I'll have to get back to you.  (Warming Glow)

I know I claim the things I've seen from time to time to be the CUTEST THING EVER, but this time I really mean it.


And finally, for the Skyrim-addicted gamers out there who haven't forgotten that Christmas is right around the corner...


And that's it for the links.  Tomorrow's Hot Links will be replaced by an awesome list or two, so I won't be seeing you again until Monday, December 26th.  Have a safe and happy Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know that Adam Lambert has such a fiery temper. Read more about the Adam Lambert arrest here.

    ReplyDelete