Monday, December 12, 2011

Hot Links: How Many Shopping Days Are Left Until Wookiee Life Day?

Kolby



I probably won't be able to think straight until the next season of Game of Thrones premieres on HBO. So, you know, please bear with me...until April 2012. (Pajiba)

Here's an interesting look at why Spotify can never be profitable. (gigaom)

Scientists in Australia believe that large regions of Mars may be able to sustain life. I think it was the grand opening of the Martian Starbucks that convinced them. Peppermint Mochas truly are out of this world (yep, went there). (DiscoveryNews)

A rather strange phenomenon known as "Vocal Fry" has been creeping into the vocal patterns of young women across the US. I blame Lauren Bacall. And sex. (ScienceMag)

A man in Pennsylvania had his mother's obituary printed in his local newspaper in order to receive paid bereavement leave. And it would have worked, too, if his meddling mother hadn't stepped forward and ruined everything. Zoinks! (Fark)

Click on this link to enter to win a gift bag of the best gadgets! (Wired)

If this video of an orphaned baby bat being cared for doesn't reach into your chest and squeeze your crippled heart, then there may be no hope for you. Just...no...don't even bother. We'll never be friends.


The city of Hobson's Bay, Australia has elected the world's first intersex mayor. Man, Australia's just really damn cool. (Huffington Post)

I love receiving gift cards for Christmas. They help me justify spending more money than I have on material goods I don't need. And I REALLY love this guide for giving and receiving gift cards during the holidays. (Lifehacker)

These may be the most adorable Christmas cookies I've ever seen. I'm firing up my oven as we speak. (Truly Custom Cakery)

Revenge via Facebook status. Dayum. (Twitpic)

Check out The Week in Celebrity Snapshots over at Gawker. Yes, that is Karl Lagerfeld strutting his bedenimed ass off, next to the fanciest tablescape these eyes have ever seen. (Gawker)

Apple's App Store has surpassed 100 million downloads. I'm proud to say I've contributed to that number....six or (maybe) seven times. (Mashable)

The Urban Dictionary's definition of "boner barrier" made me laugh out loud and changed the way I remember Junior High. EW! (Urban Dictionary)

Ooooh! Here's a recipe for homemade hand scrub, just in time to cure those dry winter hands! I'm definitely going to try this. (Instructables)

For those of you who enjoy a little mild burglary, here are 10 ways to break into a house. I really can't think of a better way to avoid mall traffic. (HowStuffWorks)

Here's a list of the 100 Hottest Cars of All Time. Smoke 'em if you've got 'em. (Popular Mechanics)

This is horrible. And hilarious. I dare you to get through the first "verse" without laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment