Monday, December 5, 2011

Gifts for the Beauty Fanatic in Your Life: Vee's Wishlist

Vee



Everyone who knows me knows I love me some beauty products. I think I'm easy to shop for, but apparently not. Any beauty junkie in your life would probably love one of the following under the tree this year:



My love for Lorac products knows no end. This 3-tier jewelery box comes with a HUGE bronzer, two beautiful, high-shine lip glosses, two eyeliners in brown and black, and two versatile eye shadow palettes for warm and cool colors with two blushes. I swatched the eyeshadows in store and they were smooth and pigmented. Get this gift for your girlfriend, sister, best friend, favorite Hot Ink reviewer named Vee, or anyone one who loves them some makeup. For $56 at Sephora, it's a steal.



Urban Decay is another brand with solid products. My only complaint with their palettes tend to be a little glittery for me, and I don't often use their brighter colors. This set contains 16 eye shadows, a 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, a travel-size Eyeshadow Primer Potion, and a travel-size Supercurl Curling Mascara and a speaker you can connect to your phone that lets you download how-to videos to use the palette. I'd recommend this set for a teenage niece, someone in their 20's or anyone who's adventurous in their makeup.
Buying pefume for someone else is tricky, since scent is so subjective. This Sephora gift set is the perfect solution as it contains 12 samples and a voucher for a full-size bottle of her favorite perfume from the bunch. This set contains samples of: Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir; Clinique Happy; Coach Poppy Flower; Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue; DKNY pure DKNY Verbena; Giorgio
Armani Acqua di Gioa; Givenchy Very Irresistible L'Intense; Gucci Guilty; Juicy Couture; Marc Jacbos Daisy; Prada Infusion D'Iris Eau de Parfum; Versace Bright Crystal AND a Refillable Fragrance Atomizer. Recommended for anyone with a nose.

This stippling brush is fantastic for applying liquid foundation, mineral powder foundation, or pressed powder to your face. It leaves an even application and buffs it to a great finish.
I'd suggest this as a gift for a best friend, a sister or yourself. It doesn't have a lot of wow factor as a gift, but it will get used daily.







5. Sedu 1.5 Inch Flat Iron - $129 - $163


Last year I asked for this flat iron for Christmas from my parents and I use it every day. The 1.5 inch plates make straightening your hair an easy job and it imparts shine like no other. I've never used a Chi, but I wouldn't trade my Sedu for any other brand. Around the holidays you can get value sets that come with bags and products for less than the price of the Sedu alone.



OPI has consistently great colors and is one of better brands of polish in my opinion. Since a full size OPI polish will run you about $8 on it's own, $48 for a set of 18 minis isn't a bad deal. This would be a great gift for any young lady on your list as the colors are fun and vibrant.










I'm a big fan of e.l.f. eye shadows. I find them to be a fun way to try new colors, and the pigment pay off is pretty solid. This gift would be great for any lady on your list as the more conservative gals can stick to the neutrals and the edgier ladies can play with the blues, yellows, purples and greens.




MAC is pretty much the gold standard in makeup brushes, and this set would be a great compliment for any one, young in age or young at heart. There's a powder brush, an angled brush that's great for contouring cheeks, a eyeliner definer brush, and two eyeshadow brushes, all with a cool glitter handle. Even if you have a set of brushes, I'd recommend getting this as a travel set for you too. After all, you deserve it.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment