Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bliss Baggage Handler Eye Gel: I Can't Work Up Any Vitriol, So You Must Be Alright.

Metric Jenn


I got this product on one of my many browsing trips to Sephora - Trips that are meant to keep my friends company. Trips wherein I don't buy anything because I was on a tight budget, but then....oooh...I could TOTALLY use this, I'll just buy this ONE lip gloss. And then a few minutes later: Oh! I do have bags under my eyes - I'm totally going to get rid of them. And we all know how the story ends: I spend around 150$, and don't eat for a week because I still have to pay rent.

And lo, ladies (and gentlemen?), this is how I came across the Bliss eye products. Which I can't in good conscience recommend to people - at least not without receiving a sizeable bribe.

As I sit here in front of my computer screen, I'm trying to work up enough passion to really eviscerate this product, but I just can't. That should tell you all you really need to know about Bliss Baggage Handler Eye Gel. On my radar, it's just kind of...there. It didn't harm me, nor did it aid my under eye dark bags. I felt a slight tightening of my skin while it was on and drying, but after a while, nothing more than that.

After using the product for a week straight as directed, I was extremely disappointed to see the lack of any changes around my eyes. For a product that claims to have "cucumber and cornflower extracts and fine-line-whittling wheat proteins (to) reduce incumbent wrinkles", nothing happened to my baggy gross eyes. Not that I was expecting miracles, mind you; but when a product is supposed to reduce puffiness after a night of partying, then you kind of get it in your head that it should work pretty much instantaneously. Really, it just felt like I was putting a small dollop of hair gel under my eyes.

And for 28.00$ for 0.5oz, that is just ri-goddamn-diculous. Bliss, I am disappoint. You've deterred me from trying any other products from your line. So I give your product a meh-ingly disappointing 3/8 tentacles. You get 3 because it was cooling to put on - your only redeeming quality.

Rating: 3/8 Tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment