Friday, November 18, 2011

You Want Me to Put Oil on My Face? Heck Yeah! Burt's Bees Repair Serum

Cindy



I'm one of those sad people who tries all kinds of moisturizers (and hair products). When I got past my early 20s--started to make some money--I enjoyed being able to test out some lotions and creams that weren't generic or store brands. For a short time, I luxuriated in a couple of fancy Decleor products that I would buy less expensively through a Canadian web site.

One type of product that my skin decided (yes, I let my skin make all the important decisions) it liked was facial oil. I know it sounds strange (I tend to have very dry, sensitive skin, with relatively few breakouts), but it's not like you're slathering on olive oil--this type is light and easily absorbs. But honestly, Decleor's prices are insane and at some point I decided to try another brand's take on the idea: Burt's Bees Repair Serum.



The product is a mix of a variety of oils, said to have antioxidant properties: Rosehip, jojoba, lavender, evening primrose, neroli and, additionally, it has green tea extract. Do I know if those ingredients actually make my face look younger? No! But, I love the way it feels when they all soak into my skin and my face doesn't feel like it's shriveling up all winter long.

Burt's Bees also makes my favorite moisturizing lotion (Naturally Ageless Day Lotion), which I layer over the Repair Serum; I'll review that separately. If your skin feels dry all the time and/or you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend this serum. You can just dab a drop on problem areas or, like me, put a few drops into your palm, rub your hands together and then gently apply the oil to your face as you would a lotion. Prices range up from about $18.00, so I usually comparison shop online. Since you only use a small amount at a time, the bottle lasts quite a while (months). I'd give this lovely, light serum seven out of eight tentacles, only because it is still a bit pricey...but worth it. Slather some on!

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment