Monday, November 21, 2011

Smelling Like A Baby's Butt In A Good Way: Up&Up Milk & Honey Hand Soap

Pinky McLadybits


Hand soap: The most boring soap in the house. Wait, I forgot about dish soap! Hand soap: The second most boring soap in the house. Of course, it is one of the most important soaps in the house, which makes up for the boring part. Mostly.

I had purchased a mango-smelling hand soap from Big Lots, but it didn't work. Seriously, it didn't lather, didn't clean, didn't work. But it did smell like mango. Whoopty-doo. On one of my trips to Target, I set out to replace the mango pseudo-soap. I grabbed Target's store brand up & up in Moisturizing Milk and Honey because of the color of the bottle and soap (neutral!) and the price (less than a dollar!)

I'm not that great at applying lotion to my hands, especially after washing them. I've just used the bathroom, or baked, or done something messy. You want me to wash my hands and then moisturize them?!? You must be new. The moisturizing aspect of up & up Moisturizing Hand Soap in Milk and Honey was important to me and my busy, non-hand-lotion schedule.

It takes just a tiny drop of the hand soap to make a nice lather and really get your hands clean. This doesn't stop Pinky Jr. from pumping out two or three globs, but you don't have to do that to get clean. This means that, barring any Pinky Jr. hand-washing sprees, this hand soap will last a while. At less than a dollar for 7.5 ounces of soap, that's one hell of a deal.

The scent is so lovely. It smells like an infant's clean scalp. It smells like that place where there's milk and honey. Heaven, I think it is. I enjoy smelling my hands after using the soap, making for awkward moments in public. And in my home. In front of guests. While driving...

How about that moisturizing? It works. No flaky hands, peeling skin, or dry itchy shenanigans happening with this hand soap. That is lovely. And so much better than no-cleaning-no-lathering-pseudo-mango soap. 

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment