Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rusty's Sample Roulette: Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque

Author: Rusty


I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!


Peter Thomas Roth’s gel cucumber masque has a distressingly small sample size. I was barely able to squeeze enough of the gel out to cover my whole face. The masque promised to soothe and hydrate skin, and in the winter time one of my biggest skin issues is hydration. Going on, the gel was very cool and smooth, and even the thin layer I was able to get on felt very nice.


After I rinsed the masque off, my skin did feel cool and slightly moisturized. It didn’t have any cleansing properties, though it doesn’t claim to, so if that’s what you’re looking for in a masque than this wouldn’t be for you. I liked it, but for winter time I’m looking for something a little more serious when it comes to moisturizing.

However, the Peter Thomas Roth website does specifically mention that this masque is great on sunburned skin and having used it I can see that as something that would be very worth trying. The gel’s natural ingredients like aloe and chamomile are usually in after-sun creams and the way the gel cooled my face on application would be very nice on hot, tight, sun exhausted skin. At $45 for 5.3oz on the Peter Thomas Roth website, I’d say it’s a good buy since you don’t need much of the gel to cover your face (the sample packet was about half the size of most of my other ones) so one jar should last a long time.

I’m giving the Peter Thomas Roth gel cucumber masque 4 out of 8 tentacles. It’s a good buy, but I’m not a fan of it for the kind of deep moisture I need in the winter months.

Rating: 4/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment