Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Rusty's Sample Roulette: Fresh Soy Face Cream

Rusty



I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!

One of the first things that hit me when I first tried Fresh Soy Face Cream was the smell. Most facial moisturizers or other skin care products tend to have slight floral scents or no scent at all. Fresh Soy Face Cream smelled like… grass. Not like lawn grass but that same kind of greenish, earthy scent of broken stalks or ripped leaves. It’s not unpleasant, just extremely unexpected and something that I’ve noticed every time I’ve used it.


The face cream spreads and absorbs easily, and my skin feels moisturized for the rest of the day. I didn’t find it spectacular in this regard, and still had issues with spot dryness in areas.

Honestly? I found this product almost completely uninspiring. It worked the way it was supposed to, no better or worse than I would expect, and I didn’t notice any side benefits. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m still in my mid-20s and have pretty good skin so I may not be the best judge for this but for me? It was completely average other than the scent.

I’m rating this a 4 out of 8. It’s a perfectly serviceable face moisturizer and for those of you looking for something with a slight lifting effect it might work well. Overall, though, it’s the face cream equivalent of beige wall paint; it works but it’s nothing special.

Rating: 4/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment