Monday, November 21, 2011

Rusty's Sample Roulette: Billy Jealousy Combination Code Facial Moisturizer


Rusty


I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!

When I received Billy Jealousy’s Combination Code facial moisturizer as a sample, I suspected it was not along the lines of my usual samples because of the small stylized dragon on the packet next to the name. “That’s strange” I thought to myself, but opened it anyway with no further investigation.


I was extremely disappointed; this moisturizer was sticky, and continued to feel sticky for several minutes after application. The lotion feels thin when you put it on, and it really doesn’t seem to impart lasting moisture and my face still feels ‘thirsty’ even after using is. I hated it.

Looking it up for this review, it appears the Billy Jealousy line is for the young man who has outgrown Axe but is in the market for a higher end product that still conveys the message “I appreciate products that advertise with broad stereotypes and demeaning images.” The Billy Jealousy main page at Sephora’s website features an image of a woman with her skirt hiked up to her hip crawling on a man in a suit while another looks on in what appears to be an office setting. On the young woman’s leg is the dragon tattoo that appears to be the symbol of the Billy Jealousy line. It says that a portion of the proceeds from the line goes towards funding organizations dealing with the arts, environment, and social causes so I suppose I can’t encourage a point blank refusal to buy their products.

I’d certainly discourage it.

I rate this sample 0 out of 8. It didn’t perform well and, while that may be due to my gender, I doubt most men want a face moisturizer that feel sticky and ineffective. Add in the douchiness of their brand image, and I’m not in favor of this line at all.

Rating: 0/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment