Monday, November 14, 2011

FA-BOOO!: First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream

Rusty


I have devoted enough words to my problems with dry skin that I’m betting you don’t really feel like hearing anymore about it. So we’re all aware that I have picky skin that’s prone to dryness, yes? Yes. Because there are times in my life when I like less rather than more, I’ve been trying to find a moisturizer that’s gentle enough to use on my face but nourishing enough to work on my dry hands in the winter. Miraculously, I think I’ve got it.


First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Cream called to me for several reasons. The first was that it was formulated for sensitive skin and with ingredients used to treat eczema, also known as the dry skin from hell. The second was that it was available in a handy 2 oz squeeze tube suitable for throwing in a make-up bag, purse, glove compartment, TSA approved ziplock baggie, or any other conveyance device you find convenient. This also meant that if I hated it, I wouldn’t have long to go before I got through the tube and could replace it with a new product.

To my delight, this stuff works and works well. It is a bit thick for my taste as a facial moisturizer and has a slight stickiness that lasts a few minutes when I put it on, which is annoying face-wise. For my hands and other dry patches, though, it’s perfect and absorbs quickly and easily. Also, for those who may be sensitive to fragrances, it has no fragrance at all that I can detect and the tube says it’s fragrance-free. The moisture is also long lasting, so I don’t get midway through my day only to discover that the skin on my forehead is making a break for it.

The Ultra repair cream is formulated with colloidal oatmeal which is an active ingredient in product designed to treat eczema or other rashes, so if you’re prone to those it is definitely worth looking into. Also, it comes in a larger tub size so you won’t have to worry about having to buy endless little tubes of the stuff. The bottle also claims some sort of ‘antioxidant boost’, but, since I’m barely certain that ‘antioxidant’ isn’t just a buzz word developed by the pomegranate people, I can’t speak to what that boost may or may not be.

I’d rate this product 7 out of 8 tentacles. First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Cream is a great buy for people who are prone to dry and itchy skin either because of winter dryness or other skin conditions and I have no complaints other than the slight tackiness after application.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment