Friday, November 4, 2011

Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Cream - I Can't Quit You

 Metric Jenn


This review is on a product that I was introduced to a while ago by my hair dresser Nicole during one of my first visits to her, and before I realized that she wasn't just out for a fat commission cheque. Nicole had kept up a steady stream of chit chat about summer vacation plans, and then would sprinkle in some hair-knowledge, making me learn stuff on the sly. She was also furtively planting the seed that I did not, in fact, have to look like a disheveled crazy cat lady at all times. The lovely Hair Artist used the Bumble and Bumble line pretty much exclusively. She sprayed their toner on my hair, and then got to work massaging in the Bb Curl Conscious Defining Cream. Or as I call it: My Saviour. When I saw the results, I was hooked.

As soon as I step out of the shower, I comb my hair and then shake it out to see what kind of curls I get. Some days they just appear and spiral everywhere all shiny and bouncy - that's when I *know* it's going to be a good day. A prime example is in the following picture; just look at how much fun I'm having drinking booze out of a tea pot:

New Zealand's answer to Thailand's Buckets of Booze

On days like those, I just leave the hair be. Don't fix what isn't broken, as my father would say. However, 90 days out of 100, my curls need help. It's either help, or I punish my scalp by pulling all that hair back into a ponytail. Enter Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Cream. It costs 28$ for 8.5 oz - Yes, yes! I know! "Jenn, you always buy expensive things! You are going to make all of us go flipping broke!" Shush, all of you and read on - you only use a minute amount on your hair each time so it does last FOREVER. In fact, I bought my current bottle in 2010. It's so old that it looks like this:

The archeologists determined that this bottle pre-dates Metric Jenn's unfortunate foray into Rastafarianism. 

I apply a quarter-sized dollop to my hair, focusing on the middle-to-tip parts. The official Bb website says you can heat-style or air-dry. Personally, I prefer to heat-style using my diffuser, flipping my head upside-down to add more volume boost. All in all, the Curl Definer does an excellent job bringing out shy curls and keeping the rest shaped. I should probably try the rest of their Curly Hair line since I've had such incredible results with this product. And thusly, we come to the rating: 8/8 tentacles. The outright everyday usefulness, and the fact that it lasts an incredibly long time out-weighs the higher pricing. Brava, Bumble and Bumble. Brava!

Rating: 8/8 Tentacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment