Friday, January 6, 2012

Ask Ink: A Brighter Smile







"Do y'all have any products you'd recommend for easy teeth whitening? I can't afford a professional treatment but would desperately love to have whiter teeth by my wedding!"


Two Ask Inkers jumped on the chance to answer your question with two different solutions. Kolby will tackle this subject next Friday!

Vee:

According to my last fortune cookie, "Your smile is a curve that can get a lot of things straight" (in bed) so I like to keep smile as bright as possible. Considering the fact that I am incapable of smiling without flashing teeth, it's pretty important for me to counteract all the coffee and wine I drink. I've tried everything short of laser whitening: Those old school 3 step systems from the 1990's, whitening gels with custom teeth trays, whitening mouthwash and toothpaste, and all manner of strips.

Of all the products I've tried, my favorite discovery was the Crest line of strips. While visiting my parents, I found the Crest 3D White Whitestrips Advanced Vivid strips in my mom's medicine cabinet. I use my host's products, I admit it! Don't judge.

These little strips don't make your teeth too sensitive, and they really work at lightening your teeth! The new Crest strips are thin, and they really stick on your teeth so they don't move or come loose. You can even drink water while having them on, though I don't. According to the directions: "Apply Crest 3D White Whitestrips Advanced Vivid once a day for 30 minutes. You'll start seeing whiter teeth after 3 days, and full results in 14." I use mine every other day for a week and I see results. Then I use them once a week or once every other week to maintain whiteness, and I'll use a couple before a big event to make sure my smile is its pearliest. The strips get underneath the surface to whiten so the results last a while.

There's even a $10 coupon if you order from Amazon or Drugstore.com http://www.3dwhite.com/crest-coupons/ I highly recommend trying these little babies out. They aren't cheap, with regular prices for 20 strips ranging up to $55, but you can find them on sale for as low as $40.

No comments:

Post a Comment