Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Polish

Author:  MelBivDevoe

I love bright, colorful nail polish.  Nothing can cheer me up faster then painting my toenails or fingertips a shiny yellow or deep purple.  What I don't love, however, is shelling out 7, 8, even 9 bucks for a single bottle of polish.

I tend to be more on the frugal side these days - I mean, 7 bucks could get me two lunches or even a dinner somewhere!  So I was thrilled to discover that Sally Hansen offers a line of polishes called Xtreme Wear for just under 3 bucks a pop.


Xtreme Wear is offered in 40 different vibrant shades, so there's a great range of color.  I personally love the Plum Power and Blue It hues.  The polish is a bit watery so it goes on smoothly (no globs), but it is a little sheer so it takes 2 to 3 coats to get the most vibrant color.  Also, the more coats you add, the longer it takes to dry, but I'm sure that's typical of most polishes excluding the quick-dry ones.

The polish is long lasting and doesn't chip easily, so you don't have to worry about refraining from any activities.  I have a tendency to wear the same color on my toes for a few weeks, and with Xtreme Wear I've yet to see any yellow discoloration after I remove it.  The only drawback is that it can be kinda tough to remove, but that's not really a big deal.  If you're looking for a nice pop of color for your nails but you don't want to spend a lot, I definitely recommend Xtreme Wear.  You can find it where most nail polishes are sold like Walgreens or Ulta.

Rating:  6 out of 8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment