Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rusty's Sample Roulette: Skyn Iceland's Pure Cloud Cream


Author: Rusty


I order from Sephora kind of a lot. Because of this I have a giant box of samples just hanging out, waiting to be used. This… is… SAMPLE ROULETTE. Due to the brief nature of the use, I will assign ratings as 0 (stay away) 4 (I liked it, but didn’t love it) or 8 (love it and will probably be dropping my own money on it in short order). Enjoy!

Skyn Iceland’s Pure Cloud Cream with Biospheric Complex said on it’s little wee sample pack that it was great for stressed skin and since I got my second cold of the fall while using it (I’m really not enjoying being in the part of the world with seasons again) I was actually able to test it on skin aggravated by constant tissue use and I can say that it worked beautifully.


The cream is thick but absorbs easily and despite the fact that it has no synthetic fragrances it carries a nice citrusy scent. I was able to get three uses out of my teensy packet so a little bit goes a long way. Even on the cracked skin of my nose (note to self: never buy the non-lotiony tissues again) it smoothed in well and didn’t burn the way a lot of lotions do on somewhat raw skin. It felt great going on and my skin continued to feel great all day after using it. It hydrated well without being sticky or greasy and with the dry winter months coming I found myself leaning heavily towards getting a full sized container. Checking Sephora’s website I find that a full size container is… $65 which is out of my price range at the moment.

I’m giving Skyn Iceland’s Pure Cloud Cream an 8 out of 8 tentacles because despite the price, it works very well. If you’ve got sensitive skin that’s prone to cracking or rawness in the winter months I’d highly recommend this stuff as a booster for a regular (read: less expensive) moisturizer. Maybe not something to use everyday, but definitely worth keeping around for when your skin needs some serious TLC.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment