Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Now Batting: e.l.f. Mineral Infused Mascara


Author: Kolby


If I had to choose a favorite feature on my own face, I'd choose my eyes. They're green and almond shaped, and I've gotten a fair amount of compliments on them. So, when I'm putting my face on in the morning, I often pay a little extra attention to the ol' peepers. Liners, shadows, a little bit of mascara - all to accentuate what I wake up with every morning (which, yeah, you're never going to see me walking around with just what I wake up with in the morning). And I think I do a pretty darn good job of it. The only product that consistently threatens to ruin a perfectly lovely coating of eye slap is mascara. Gah! Lumps, clumps, globs, smears - all of it pisses me off, and boy, do I hate starting over.

That's why I'm in love with e.l.f. Mineral Infused Mascara. Like the rest of the e.l.f. product line, the Mineral Infused Mascara is almost insanely afforable, and yet it's also a quality product that I feel no qualms about recommending to friends and family.

This mascara comes with a silicone brush that delivers the perfect amount of product to my lashes every time I use it. And by every time I'm also including the very first time I used it - which for me, when trying out a new mascara for the first time, is usually when I pull the wand from the tube and am met with a gloopy ball of mascara. You know what I mean - so much product comes out on the brush that you're forced to scrape it off into the tube, which always eventually leads to a mess - on your fingers, in your makeup bag or on your counter top. It's inevitable. Not so with e.l.f Mineral Infused Mascara. I've been using it for two months, and so far every single time I pull the wand from the tube of product, the brush is coated with the perfect amount of mascara. Magic!

But does it work? Does it "create fuller, healthier looking lashes," as claimed on the e.l.f. website? Yes, yes it does. A single, clump-free coat of this mascara will define each and every one of your lashes. Two coats are downright dramatic. And I kid you not when I say that this mascara will hunt down and capture every single lash you've got. It also feels lighter than many other products I've tried, and washes off easily with soap and water. No leftover bits to pick off, no residue left under your eyes. Again, magic!

My only nitpick with e.l.f. Mineral Infused Mascara is the tiny amount of product transfer that sometimes occurs when I use it on my lower lashes. I'll find that telltale grey smudge at the lower corner of my eye, which annoys me but I'm not going to complain too vehemently - this mascara costs $3 at Target so I'm loathe to find serious fault with it. So, for ease of use, overall value and just generally lovely results, I'm giving e.l.f. Mineral Infused Mascara 7 out of 8 Tentacles. It works nearly like...well, magic!

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment