Friday, September 16, 2011

La Roche-Posay Hydraphase UV Lotion SPF 30

Author: Park

Its the rare moisturizer that makes your skin feel great AND lets you make a decent if juvenile joke about its name (read the company name, and see if you don't giggle a little)

I am pretty terrible about taking care of myself, so daily moisturizing is a fairly new phenomenon to me. When looking for a moisturizer, I found a lot of them:
 a) smelled perfume-y, b) felt greasy and c) had a bunch of faux science descriptions that made no sense and d) cost a fortune.
While La Roche-Pusssssay (sorry, couldn't resist) isn't exactly cheap, it does last a long time. It's thick and creamy and spreads really well. I find that less than a pinky size gives me full coverage of my face. Also, unlike many moisturizers with UV protection, it doesn't feel greasy at all. It also has virtually no scent, which is great for someone with as sensitive nose like myself. My one complaint would be that the lotion seems to take a little longer to absorb then other moisturizers. For someone like me who has little experience with cosmetics, that felt a little weird at first

However, this product leaves my skin very soft AND prevents it from getting sun damaged. How do I know that? Its recommended by the Canadian Dermatology Association (Ba BAM!) Also, in my personal experience it seems like this product has made a difference in my skin. I may not have scientific proof for the second statement (despite the fact that I'm wearing a lab coat while typing this, you know, just because). However my skin seems much less dry and I managed to get through a while summer without a crazy sunburn on my nose. I really love this product and recommend it to everyone.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment