Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dove Ultimate Visibly Smooth Deodorant


Author: Mel Biv Devoe

I was perusing the deodorant aisle at my local Target one day, looking for something that would keep me smelling sweet, when I noticed a new line of Dove deodorant, the Ultimate Visibly Smooth line. As a fan of Dove's products in general, I figured I couldn't go wrong with it, but what sealed the deal was the product's claim to "minimize the visual appearance of hair over time." As someone who is cursed with dark, coarse hair in my armpits, this claim sounded almost too good to be true.


And, unfortunately, it seems I was right. I've been using the product for 6 weeks now, and haven't noticed any difference in my underarms. According to Dove, my underarm hair should "feel soft, fine, and easy to remove." But if I skip a day of shaving, I find that my stubble is the same as it ever was - dark, thick, and stubborn as ever.

But beyond that claim, the deodorant is still an excellent product. It goes on dry, not sticky or wet, rolls on invisibly (no white gunk in my pits!), and I haven't noticed it on my clothes like I have other deodorant. The scent I use is "Wild Rose," and it's a mild floral scent that isn't overbearing and keeps me feeling fresh all day. It's also available in "Nature Fresh."

The deodorant is around $4.00 depending on the retailer - I found it for $3.84 at Target, the same price as the other Dove deodorants. You can find it at most drugstores and pharmacies, as well as online from such retailers as Drugstore.com and Amazon. I give the Visibly Smooth a 5 out of 8 tentacles - as a basic deodorant, it's great, but it fails to live up to its promises of a smoother, hair-free armpit. Maybe it works better for ladies who don't have to deal with such thick, coarse hair, but I can't really recommend it for anyone hoping to minimize their underarm hair.

Rating: 5/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment