Thursday, November 29, 2012

See you in Hell, November!


                            Park                                                             






I don’t know about you but I am over November. OVER IT.  Gray skies, short days, people making boring small talk about how it's almost winter and how they have to put snow tires on the car and blah, blah, blah. Seriously, why does no one ever get inspired by crappy weather to talk about the super powers they would have if they could or which Doctor Who is the best? (the most recent, duh! well unless the toad in a child's toy from the picture to the left is cast) Even listening to Drake on repeat isn't helping (What? I'm from Toronto.  It's pretty much the law). 

Well it looks like I’m not the only one who's over November.  The animal world is totally on my side (Buzzfeed)


Okay, enough ennui.  There’s nothing like a little riot girl movement history to cheer you up at the end of November.  Heck, show it to the above animals, maybe it’ll help. (The New Yorker)

Creative? Check! Suffering from Writer’s Block(or know you will be at some point)? Checkedy, check, check.  Well, this article is PERFECT for you.  Also, for those of you who sy you don’t get writer’s block (or as you’re also referred to, liars) this is still a really interesting read (Rookie)

Okay, I’ll let the delightful and brilliant writer Etgar Keret tell me writer’s block doesn’t exist.  But that’s because he’s a genius who writes amazing stories AND inspires architecture.  No, really. (Huffington Post)

I’m sure everyone in food service has wanted to let customers have it at some point, but, um, you probably shouldn’t. Especially on the internet.(Jezebel)

So 'tis almost the season and some of you keeners may already be doing your shopping.  Have someone on your Xmas list who wants to show their love for classic cinema while remaining toasty warm AND gaining major nerd points?  May I suggest this Overlook carpet inspired chapeau? (Casualco)

Have to buy a present for someone you actively dislike?  How about these, um, interesting fashions from the newely release Yoko Ono collection.  The office Kris Kringle just got more interesting (Complex)

Speaking of people you hate at work,  something is going on the set of “Two and a Half Men”.  I don’t know what it is, but the cast are dropping like flies.  Kinda creepy, very well paid flies, but flies none the less. (Life Files)

Now here’s the story of a man who seems to enjoy his job, Rob Paulsen.  If you’re anything like me, this man’s work is such a part of my childhood memories it’s almost weird (AV Club)

I seriously thought I was the only one who thought “Baby It’s Cold Outside” was super creepy.  Well, I’m not alone AND someone fixed it for me.  Well, they fixed it for everyone, but I’m going to pretend it was just for me. (The Gloss)

Still feeling cranky about stupid November?  I dare you not to smile at these two videos.  Oh, and you're welcome :)

Can I have a bear friend, please?

I've never enjoyed a "Drowning Pool" song before, but this is pretty irresistable


Parrot caught singing let the bodies hit the floor

No comments:

Post a Comment